Thursday, May 19, 2005

Vegemite, Vegetarian, Vegelexis

Well, 2 down, 2 to go as they say. Another day, another essay.
Song that I'm very pleased with at the moment: Hefner "Christian Girls" simply because at the very beginning, the guy says in his very British accent, "Uno, dos, uno dos tres four."
And I laugh and laugh, and people look at me strangely, because I'm usually in public.

I have a big night of video consumption planned for myself. Every once in a while you need to get yourself a pile of movies you've already seen (so you know you'll like them, and the conversation will be comfortingly familiar) some very baggy sweat pants and possibly junkfood (although, being in essay mode constantly these days constitutes a lot of candy eaten), and veg out. I'm feeling the need for some serious veging.

Anyway, eventhough I haven't been posting as often, doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you. And here's the retroactive entry to prove it.

Cheers,


18 May 2004, 6:56 pm

The Stats
A/S/L: 21/F/sitting in bed
Alcohol units: 0
Cigarettes: 0*
Music: Dire Straits
Wearing: sweatpants, flying pig socks**, 2 sweaters, glasses, and, oh, wait for it... arm-warmers! Yes! I’ve moved on from leg warmers, and soon will be clothed entirely in rib-knitted tubes.
Drinking: Coke***
Eating: leftover dip that will expire if not consumed, and crackers!
Procrastinatination: English Essay due Friday
Other Concerns: ceiling leaking in bathroom, and very disgusting messy kitchen -- the latter is stopping me from doing anything about the former, because if I call someone about the one I can’t fix, I’ll have to fix the one I can before I can let anyone come into the apartment.

So here I am, pretending to myself yet again. I am pretending the following: That I will actually get through reading all the sources I’ve assembled about ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’, and set out a structure for my essay, which I will then write tomorrow; that crackers and dip constitutes and acceptable dinner, and that the beef that I am neglecting to cook will keep in the fridge one more day; that the leaky ceiling, after having dripped steadily for almost 24 hours now, will spontaneously dry out of its own accord; that at least writing this so I can upload it from my handy little flashdisk tomorrow instead of writing something new on the spot is at least constructive.
Yeah. Pull the other one.

Today I have triumphantly printed out the final copy of an essay I have been labouring over for the better part of a week. It’s possible that the step that took the longest was not actually the research or the writing of the paper, but actually the references, because it was APA style in-text citation, which I haven’t been anywhere near since Grade 12. Granted, not so long ago, but if you think about it, it’s almost a fifth of my entire life ago.

Tomorrow, I expect to, less triumphantly, print off my “discussion of two or more interpretations of ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.’” And I’m sure any minute now I’m sure to begin to work towards that end. Yep.

*Grandma, I know you know this is a Bridget Jones reference and not an admission of prior guilt
**sigh, once again something only JHR will understand completely, and I shall not explain, how can you bear it?
***PPPP (ahem, product placement payment please)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home