Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Earthquake! -- minus the actual quaking part.

JHR is phoning me this week! How excited am I? VERY.

So as it turns out, my family neither felt the earthquakes, nor heard about them on New Zealand news. This leaves me to assume many things.

a) Kiwi attitudes towards earthquakes are like Aussie attitudes towards very horrible scary poisonous and deadly things -- i.e. non-chalant.

-or-

b) Canberra's radio station realized its ratings were going right down the toilet because its programming, like many things in Canberra, is dead boring, and so decided the best thing for it was sensation, sensation and more sensation. This could be valid, given that 104.7's latest publicity pitch is "Canberra's 104.7: now with more barnyard animals" which is then followed by random sound effects of cows, pigs, horses etc. To those who are laughing and saying to themselves, man that AR, she's such a kidder, I sadly say, I kid you not. That's their actual pitch. Can I just say -- BOOOO.

-or-

c) Some one has bugged my phone and is trying to make my death look like an accident and so paid off the announcer to say that at the exact tooth-brushing time that would incurr maximum damage to my lungs and thus guarantee choking which would be un-aidable by Heimlich because of my solitary status (this then would be the paranoid little-old-lady part of the assumptions... ask me how many times I check the door's locked before I actually go to sleep).

In other very exciting news, if you've been noticing the comments (yes, comments which I actually have, comments which are not written to me by mistake) I have a new fan -- one who I have never MET or PAID... EVER. So welcome, and thanks for the kudos.

I must go and finish my short story I started a couple of days ago but have been unable to finish, for many reasons, among which my alarm clock is always shamefully late in waking me up. You'd think I'd just get a new one, but this one's so sexy I can't imagine trading it in for a model that actually works. I'll put up a picture sometime, I guarantee you won't fail to agree.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home