Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Spazzerific

Today my Creative Writing teacher said to me, "Maybe you shouldn't have had so much coffee during the break."
To which I said, "But I haven't had any coffee at all."
And someone else said, "No, she's just like that naturally."
And then everyone laughed.

I think they may think I'm insane. I'm so afraid that I'm the annoying person in the class who everyone wishes would just shut up. The thing is, that tutorial is the only class I get to actually TALK in. So I have to cram a whole week of class talk into those two hours.

At home arts courses, in comparison, are a f-ing free-for-all, where everyone can jump in at random and discussion is encouraged. Here, you ONLY TALK IN TUTORIALS. We don't have tutorials in Canada. Here, there is a sacred rule which states, "THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK DURING LECTURES OR THOU SHALT SUFFER GREAT CONSEQUENCES INCLUDING SHUNNING AND CUTICLE PULLING"

Needless to say when I finally get the chance to express myself I get a bit overwhelmed and can't seem to SHUT UP...
Do you ever just wish you could ask people without making them distinctly uncomfortable whether everyone in the room realy hates you and fantasizes about gagging you with duct tape?

*sigh* If only there was a way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home