Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I cannot stress this enough:

I AM NOT IN CANADA. and I really wish the exchange office could get their act together... Today I got a nice little formulaic e-mail, probably which was sent out to all the exchangees with the name and location changed for each, telling me that I needed to do all the things that I've already done -- in advance, like the good organized little anally-retentive perfectionist that I am -- so I had to respond, and waste my time explaining to this woman all the things that the exchange coordinator already knows. Couldn't I have had some nice e-mails today? At least I got one from the b/f telling me what fun TG weekend was -- which brought out in relief how much fun mine was NOT, being that I was sick in bed nearly the whole time and duly resented by the other units occupying the apartment, because I take up the whole couch when I'm in bed -- regarding which TRIUMPH! The goddamned couch actually DOES pull out into a bed - now occupied by me! It's no wonder we couldn't figure it out before now, it's freaking tricky, but I must say we were surprised that any self-respecting Ukrainian apartment wouldn't have a pull-out at least, since (sorry Ikea) they are the REIGNING MONARCHS of space-efficient furniture. Everything collapses and folds away... EVERYTHING: There's even a housekeeper who lives in a drawer under the sink who unfolds and shakes herself out for her bi-weekly cleaning of the apt-- you should hear her giggle when we run the garborator. See my straight face?
All joking aside though folks, there are new pictures up on the web if you care to check them out. They are all accompanied by succinct litte narratives. You can follow the link on the side bar -->
Also in terms of postcards, well, I'm working up the nerve to enter the post office and mail them. I'm putting them all in little envelopes so they don't get lost or.. read, I guess.

That's it.
Cheers

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at me, actually posting on your blog - aren't you proud? Checked out the pics - next time you see a 'yield to heels' bumper sticker, i expect it to be ripped off and pasted to the next postcard that comes my way, yes?
And that housekeeper - she sounds like such a sweetheart. (See MY straight face.)

In the meantime - get well soon (from the nasty allergies, etc, although it'll never REALLY go away, will it?). I'll send a more detailed email your way... not sure I think the whole world should be privy to the intrigues surrounding my life. Hah. Because there really are so many. Take care, KN

1:22 a.m.  
Blogger Alexis said...

Yes! Triumph! See this glorious example of blog commenting? Notice the identifiable initials included at the bottom. All comments should be so well structured.
I know I should have sat on that car and waited for the owner to come and tell me where to purchase said bumper sticker. The thing is though, if you sit on cars here, they tend to complain - loudly - and at very high pitches. I've got my eyes open.

3:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home