Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Buses, Brassieres, and Blind Men

Today held more brilliant Vancouver transit adventures, as the bus drivers are disgruntled and ready to strike. I just missed my first bus when I was running up to it, but found my way blocked by a blind man with his guide dog. In the 5 seconds I had to decide I realized there were two options: shove the blind man out of the way, or jump in front of the bus. While I hopped up and down and waved at the bus driver, he closed the doors, pointedly ignored me, and drove away. Work to sub-rule anyone?
When I finally got into work, after a frustrating hour negotiating the fellow commuting discontents, I found this article in my google alerts inbox. It hasn't really anything to do with lung cancer, but since I have a history of breast cancer in my family, I was intrigued enough to read it anyway. Then I decided I'd share it with you. After all, who doesn't need one more excuse to be a little more liberated in life?

3 Comments:

Blogger justin said...

You've convinced me! I will not wear a bra ever again (unless I absolutely have to). ;)

6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Alex said...

that's wild! and here i thought it was a result of shaving our armpits and then applying anti-perspirant (hello aluminum). we live in such a toxic society.

12:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brassieres?

...is that where they brew beer?

Holmes

8:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home