Thursday, January 11, 2007

Many weeks later and far, far away...

Well, that was a long and semi-unintentional break. Just missed the entire month of December -- which is just as well really since it was completely and utterly a madhouse (a madhouse). And that glosses right over that. Who needs a dry and lengthy update anyway? "...and then I did some dishes, followed it up with some not sleeping, directly after which I wrote some entirely stupid final exams, during which I did not do any of my dishes, which was okay because when I got home there were lots to do, and I did some, and packed some, and spazzed out some more, then there were some presents -- some of them were dishes, which were then washed..." and so on. Yes it's all very familiar territory for everyone, I know.
What may NOT be familiar to you all, however, is that M&C is now broadcasting live from the West coast of this fine country. Vancouver has enthusiastically welcomed me into its myriad of sights and smells with a pre-apocalyptic weather system. It has been most impressive.
In between furniture shopping expeditions, episodes of Corner Gas, and the occasional afternoon nap (a luxury of the unemployed I fully intend to engage in until a change in my status), I have been job hunting. Today I had my first interview, and have spent the last three hours unwinding from it. I may fully describe my experience at a later time, but only if I don't end up taking the job and am not afraid to disclose the nature of the company for which I would be working. Having at this point made it past the many locks, the intercom, the CC video camera, the metal detector and the retina scan for the first interview, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my chances of being able to attend the second round by being kidnapped for my inside info. The animation business is, apparently, a cut-throat one. Anvils and pianos lurk around every corner.

(I was only joking about the metal detector and the retina scan...)

2 Comments:

Blogger justin said...

Good luck with the ongoing search, A. I hope the pre-apocalyptic weather prepares you for the apocalyptic weather (which will probably be nice by comparison) whenever it may come.

7:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt!
I'll call you at your new Van number when I get back on the otherside of the planet.
love,
jess

12:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home