Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today I found the new Mr. Universe

Well, I'm about to do that thing you're not supposed to do because it gets people fired. I'm going to talk about my work, but I'm not going to specify where I work, and I'm not going to give people at work my web address -- at least until this is safely tucked far back in the archives.
Today the girl who works with me, who has been training me for the past two weeks, had a couple guys visit her at work. They would leave and then come back, leave and then come back, stay for a while, leave, come back... you get it. One of them I had seen before, but the other was new. During one of their many absences, she turned to me and said (of the new guy) "Did you see that guy? He's pretty frickin' hot eh?"
I stared at her for a moment, trying hard to compose my reply, but all I could come up with was "What?"
My reaction was for two reasons -- a) I'm not sure this guy had ever in his life been what I would call "pretty frickin' hot," or even "pretty okay" and in addtion: b) HE WAS MISSING AN EYE!
I'll just give you a moment...

So she said, "Yeah, you know, the guy who's missing an eye?"
And I said, "Okay..."
And she said, "I mean, considering... he's pretty good-looking don't you think?"

Somehow I managed to get out of that conversation without saying "Dear God No!" because really, the two of us just don't know eachother well enough yet for me to say concernedly "Sweetie, listen to me, you can do SO MUCH BETTER."
I don't know how... but I did it.
What can I say, I'm a conversational artiste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home