Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bachelor living

I've been thinking I should say something on here about my roommates, but Av commented recently that reading my blog isn't nearly as interesting now that I live with him because the stuff I write about is always stuff I've already talked to him about. Obviously I need to make sure I'm always working with fresh ingredients.
On the other hand, why does he bother reading the print version when he's got the real thing in his living room?

Point is, I'm going to go for it. So Av you can stop reading right.... now.

Living with these guys is nothing less than hilarious, and so far there have been very few head-butting incidents, i.e. mostly they just take my nagging in stride, and lie about the dead mice in the cupboards because they know I sure as hell am not going to look myself (which by the way if you ever do again... lets just say the bakery benefits will be witheld -- that's my stock threat).
They have many little collective habits which constantly put me in a better mood. They have a tendency to sing random snippets of songs while on the way down the hall as though any movement in the house must be announced to all and sundry, which in a way is a nice communal mood. And although I'm sure the constant Super Nintendo Hockey games might get tired after a while, the repartee during the execution of said games is enough to make me not mind their taking place just outside my bedroom door.

"OH MOTAS PERIOD!" (Motas. is TM's custom player, I'm not too clear on the details, I just hear it yelled a lot)
"YOU DID THE MOVE! THAT WAS THE MOVE! I thought we made a rule not to do the move"
"That was not the move"
"INSTANT REPLAY!"
"OK, How was that the move?"
"Uh I think you mean how was that NOT the move"

etc, etc, etc.

They have also lended me endless support - technical and emotional - for my production course (the fruits of which can be obtained in a quicktime movie if you feel the inclination to watch it, email me, I'll send you a copy), and my recent publication in the Diatribe (which really wasn't a big deal, but thanks for making it one).

A lot of people raise their eyebrows when I tell them I'm living with 3 guys, and am the only girl in the house. For some reason they find it strange, and sometimes I'm pretty sure they find it sinful, which is ridiculous. I've got my own room and a housecoat. What I find strange is that reaction -- I have three great people living with me who will come and get me if I'm out somewhere after dark by myself and walk me home, who take out the garbage every week without ever once asking me to help, who deal with the dead mice in the traps (eventually), and who get mad at me if I don't tell them where I'm going to be until very late or the next morning.

Who doesn't get the warm fuzzy here?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

no more spammy comments no sir. yeah for the word confirmation feature!

8:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home