Saturday, October 08, 2005

Personal Triumph

I got home for Thanksgiving last night at 20 to one in the morning. I had to work at the bakery until 6 pm so my only option to get home on Friday rather than Saturday was the 7:15 bus from Kingston, and the 11:30 bus from Toronto. The bus from Kingston left an hour late, and I was the second last person allowed on the first bus filled. Then, because of the horrendous weather, there was an accident on the 401 which set us back another 1/2 hour. So I was sitting there, in my seat right next to the bathroom, reading my book, listening to my music, and thinking, there is no way in hell this bus will make it to TO by 11:30. I'm going to have to phone my parents collect and figure out a way to get somewhere where it will be easy for them to pick me up. I was sitting there, thinking those thoughts, but I WASN'T PANICKING. I admit a couple times I felt it begin to rise in me, but I stopped myself WITH RATIONAL THOUGHT. I thought well don't worry, you're going to get home eventually, yes this will suck, but it's just another bus trip. And for once, it worked.
I guess the whole experience of complete meltdown in LAX has really beaten the whole travel anxiety right out of me.
So, now I just have to work on the whole grocery line up fear, and soon I'll be all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home