Monday, March 07, 2005

My life as a theory

... not a reality

Just in the library for a few minutes between classes, a lunch consisting of a bottle of juice consumed on the way to the student admin offices to pay fees, whereupon the line was way too long, and I had way too much stuff to do in the next half hour to be bothered...
Nevertheless, I thought a few things this morning during my lectures that I thought you might enjoy, and I figured I should report also on the sain & sauf status of my mother and brother who arrived yesterday morning in good spirits, and proceeded to litter the entire apartment with the spoils of India.
This morning my psych lecturer claimed in her lecture that there are 220 words for a promiscuous female, while there are only 22 for a promiscuous male. I believe this, but she went on to say that there is no part of a woman's body that cannot be used as an insult. I started to think... okay, you can call someone a cunt, a boob, that sort of thing, but have you ever heard some one say "You fucking falopian tube"? I thought not. On the other hand, you can also call some one a dick, a cocksucker, a sack (my prof didn't get that one, her exact audio was "what? I've never heard that one, that doesn't even... oh, oh okay."), etc. etc.

Also this morning, no one was stinky in my Creative Writing class, which is a definite improvement for us, a first this semester in fact. Hurrah!

My mother's last words to me on the way out the door this morning were "Talk to some friends!"

I am officially 5 years old, starving, and about to be late to my first three hour developmental psych tutorial (which I told my mother was like taking a course in parenting, and she said, predictably, "Good!").

So cheers, you bunch of f-ing torn hymens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually taking a class called Parenting. Possibly the easiest class I have ever taken in my life...speech is a pretty close second though...

11:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home