Saturday, March 05, 2005

I'm a maniac

So yesterday, Deciana and Davina (grad students and therefore not in the category of "stupid girls" thankfully, and entirely wonderful to spend time with)came over for dinner with me and my dad, and then the three of us went off to a couple chick flicks. I'll just gloss over the fact that I sat through the second Bridget Jones again.... *shudder* and move on to the fact that I watched Wimbledon. Which okay, you may groan at, but was quite a sweet movie, and dammit I need my vicarious sex marathons right now okay? Okay, that's said. Sorry relatives, I know, once again I shock, can't help it, whatever, moving on. Anyway, the actual reason for watching this movie was the tennis, believe it or not. Because? Because I've stupidly issued a challenge, saying that I'm going to beat DE's ass at tennis in Fiji. To which he replied he was going to get lessons from Mr. R. Which of course is cheating, because Maxi is getting TRAINED TO TRAIN PEOPLE FOR F'S SAKE. Where's Dean when you need him, huh? Dean, wanna come to Australia early and teach me to serve? Yeah, thanks buddy. But anyway, having payed very astute attention (does that make sense? astute attention? I don't think so, but I like the alliteration, and I digress...) to the trajectories of the digitally inserted balls (yeah, they couldn't get the actors to do the shots properly, go figure), I think I'm probably a natural... and DE's destruction is nigh, bwahaha. I'm just making things worse for myself, but anyway, yesterday my dad and I bought rackets -- which I guess is step one completed with flying colours. Hurrah! And today, when we're done here, I'm going to play, for the first time since I was 11 and my 8 year old brother beat the pants off me. Alas, in my youth I was a lousy athlete. Hopefully by now my 22nd year I've improved somewhat. These days I'm more active than ever before... I can't seem to stop moving. So maybe, just maybe, if I keep at it over the next 4 months I can give DE a run for his money. Haha.

My mom and my brother are coming in tomorrow morning. Sadly I'll be in school when they get here, but I'm done by 5 pm and then I get PRESENTS! It will be nice to see them too of course. ;)

For next time, I'm working on a list of things you didn't necessarily know about ME. Yes for the first time. and I think a lot of you will actually be surprised. (and for all of you who are now feeling a bit apprehensive, no worries, it's a strictly quirky list)

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home