Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Things I miss most about NOT living with my family

(disclaimer to families of 20-something university students and the like, also to members of my own family: We love you, and we know that you love us, but don't we just drive eachother crazy sometimes? Okay we all agree, moving on.)

- Being allowed to use the same knife for the peanut butter AND the jam.
- Using the same cup for juice all day.
- Not doing dishes until there are no more cups for daily juice.
- Not doing laundry until you're down to your last, skankiest pair of panties.
- Coming home at 4 am (or hell, not coming home at all), and not having someone burst in on you at 9am to demand WHY you didn't come home until 4 -- yeah, thanks, gonna be coherent after 5 hours of sleep.
- Sympathy from friends and roommates when you're hungover, rather than exasperated sighs.
- No one trying to control your eating habits, drinking habits, or living conditions (No mom, I am not anorexic...)
- Having a phone conversation without having then to repeat it verbatum once you have hung up.
- Emailing someone without anyone demanding to know who, what, why, and wherefore.
- (ahem) PRIVACY
- Waking up at noon, without having already been woken up LIKE A DOZEN TIMES
- Not being referred to as "Miss Independent" (okay, to give them a break, they probably don't understand the terrible pop reference there) when you want to stamp your own damn subway ticket.
- Not being told A MILLION TIMES not to have parties in the apartment where you're staying with your girlfriend. The more you TELL me the more I feel like you EXPECT me to anyway. I'm not GOING to, let's PLEASE leave it at that.

Am regressing through my childhood and will soon be in utero.
Is painful painful process and may be completely psycho by the time I get home. Just so you're all warned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha amen!

Sarah

7:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home