Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Identity Theft

THIS IS NOT COOL.
What the hell do they think they're doing? I am so outraged right now. Not only do they get to be the basis for Canadian Identity (i.e. we are NOT American, thus we are Canadian), but now they get to f-ing CAPITALIZE on it? I AM SO BECOMING A COMMUNIST BECAUSE OF THIS.
So now, not only can no one in Europe tell the difference (AND IT'S HUGE, TRUST ME) between Canadian and Americans, but when I tell them I'M NOT AMERICAN, they're going to think I'm LYING and that I'm just a SHIT SCARED AMERICAN. For christ's sake.
Imagine being so ashamed of your country that you actually LIE about your NATIONALITY. Uh, guy, maybe you should move.

Everytime I hear an American accent around here I cringe inwardly, and edge away slowly, so that no one around will assume that I'm part of the same tour group. On Sunday as I was getting off the U-bahn with D&R, I saw these American chicks with these REALLY good looking German guys. But obviously one of the German guys wasn't having any of it, because he was making as though to let them get on the train without him. Then this American girl turns around and says,

"Flo (or some other suitably one-syllabled German nickname) git yawr Ay-ISS on this tray-in RAWT NAY-OW."

And I thought, good god, they can't possibly think I sound like that... oh how embarassing! I was embarassed for the guy too. I hope for the sake of his own manhood he didn't obey.

Anyway, while I've tripped myself out for this year-long jaunt thing I'm on with CANADIANA EVERYTHING (keychain, playing cards, pins, patches etc, etc), these f-ing Americans (excuse all the negativity, some of them are very nice... except if they vote for Bush) are doing the EXACT SAME THING.

I'm going away now to spend some quality time with my passport. At least they can't have that.

SCREW OFF AND DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A CRAPPY WORLD IDENTITY AND LEAVE MINE THE F ALONE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, Americans have been doing this for years.. but they never had a real 'primer' till now. Well thats just rigoddamndiculous. At least they didnt put in 'Wear beaver hats, thats what Canada is known for according to our US history books'. Well.. maybe they should have, just so it would be incredibly easy to spot who is the canadian poser

12:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home