Wednesday, December 01, 2004

WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER??

and also: HOW MANY TIMES IN MY LIFE WILL I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF THIS QUESTION?? (warning, read title of blog, and expect lots re: cynicism, and capital angry letters)

So did I tell you I was audited?
I probably didn't.
It's something I like to keep as far back in my mind as possible.

Anyway, so yeah. I was audited. This summer. And do you want to know WHEN I got the letter informing me that I was being audited? Three guesses.

I GOT IT F-ING 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE AIRPORT SERVICE CAME TO PICK ME UP TO TAKE ME OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR A YEAR.

The brilliant people at the Canadian Revunue Agency (if I was in America I'd have a hit on me after this post...) decided that since SUDDENLY this person who THEY KNOW IS IN UNIVERSITY rents an APARTMENT in the CITY OF HER UNIVERSITY --- SHE MUST THEREFORE BE SUSPECT!!

So, I take this piece of s*** letter with me, along with any other tax information that is not PACKED AND INACCESSIBLE IN THE ATTIC, FREAK out, and leave the country. Probably illegally. There will be a SWAT team at the airport when I get home next year.

Then I send the wonderful people at CRA (who, by the way, in case you're ever wondering, CANNOT BE REACHED IN ANY WAY BY EMAIL), a REGISTERED F-ING LETTER, explaining my situation, and giving them all the information it is possible for me to supply...

So I let it slip from my mind for a month or so.

Now my grandmother has come to visit us, and she brought my mail.

And what news of the delightful CRA? Have they paid ANY attention to what I sent them? Have they taken ANYTHING I said into consideration?

One guess.

They're taking all my money away ANYWAY, and charging me INTEREST on it now. I BLOODY HATE THE GOVERNMENT I COULD HAVE JUST THROWN OUT THE AUDIT ANNOUNCEMENT AND NOT F-ING BOTHERED OR WASTED ANY TIME BEING UPSET OVER IT I SHOULD F-ING SUE THEM FOR EMOTIONAL DAMAGES AAAARGH.

But we don't do that in Canada.
In Canada we send eachother polite letters.
And then ignore them.

Guess what CRA?
Nothing. Absolutely f-ing nothing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well obviously you fled the country because you claimed $200 extra dollars on your income tax. You're Canadian's #1 most wanted.. *sigh*

11:54 a.m.  
Blogger Alexis said...

Uh I believe that was 371 dollars? Yeah. I'm a badass.

4:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home