Saturday, December 04, 2004

Wha happened?

Somehow, every time my brother and I go out, no matter what my good intentions are before we start drinking (i.e. I will only have this one beer, and I will go home early, and I will get a good nights sleep, etc. etc.), the intentions seem to get lost in the bottom of a beer glass.
Last night, I was almost falling asleep in the excellent Thai restaurant. I had very little sleep on Thursday and was looking forward to an early night with my book. And yet, and yet... Brother convinces me to go out, I say okay, because do not want to run risk of him going out by himself (because then GOD KNOWS what he'll get up to). And in the end, who goes home first? Yeah... yeah. It was Josh.
I stumble back to R&D's at I-have-no-idea-what o'clock (a very kind, very small German man, who kept taking my hand, kissing it and saying 'A I have to say, you are so lovely, I am very drunken, but really, is the truth, you must never stop smiling' walked me - have recently rediscovered my mind-boggling ability to pick up, ahem, make friends with guys, a talent which my brother is very fond of because it means he never lacks for people to talk to), and thanks to my built in alarm clock (oh THANK YOU lord, I couldn't just SLEEP IN), I call the 'rents on time to ask them what the plan is for the country drive today. R&D, the excellent people, are feeling my hangover pain, and are sleeping it off still when I get up, shower, and ready myself for the pick up. How do I do this to myself.... and also why? It may have something to do with never paying for my drinks, and feeling obliged to drink them when they are put in front of me? I know, I know, it's a hard life, right ladies?

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home