Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Giddyup

Ah crap, I’ve already fallen off the horse. I’m spacing on a lot of things lately, including my pledge to post. I blame my creepingly decaying memory capacity (what?) on the event of my 24th birthday, which will take place THIS SUNDAY.

I approach the date with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. First because it is a long weekend and isn’t that the best kind of weekend on which to have a birthday? Not only a weekend but LONG. Woot. Second because I will be TWENTY-FOUR *dodges implements thrown by the 25+ audience* and celebrating my entry into that fuzzy, confusedly expectant period known as the mid-twenties. Wasn’t I supposed to have some stuff figured out by now? I’m sure there was a memo. Or a form. Possibly a checklist. But most likely that was all chucked out with the bag of high-school era clothing that no longer fits. *sniff*

See? I am practicing my melodrama in preparation for my 40th birthday.
Of course, some people might say that I’ve been practicing for my 40th birthday every day of my life, and OH BOY are there levels of meaning in that.

For the weekend though, I am reserving a special supply of excitement – simply for the fact that it is LONG and therefore deserves special respect. Also DEAR GOD I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS DESK CHAIR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home