Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hurrah for Hedonism

I am...
calm, and happy, and listening to "Wonderful Tonight." Feelin' kinda wonderful. You know what they say, if Elvis was king, Clapton is God. I'm okay with that.
I also walk around campus listening to David Wilcox (I have been known to bust a little move from time to time on the pathways, people look at me strangely, but whatever, Wilcox demands it).
I booked my flights to Fiji and home today. I feel like I haven't been home for AGES, not just 7 months. Everything's so different now, it'll be weird to get back. Of course that's still 4 and a half months away, and WHO KNOWS what will happen between now and then. Haha, I love it. Time passage is a wonderful thing, I don't even care if it makes me wrinkly, bring'em on. Well... maybe not TOO many.
But I digress.
I'm slipping into this groove of "no worries" for everything I do, no matter how pressing. And the funny thing is, the less I stress, the more I get things done days before they're due. I finished the poetry portfolio last night (which means hurrah no more griping about stupid poetry writing!) which is due Monday. Anyway, who knew? I wake up every morning and put myself in the right frame of mind to work, and if it involves lying on the carpet doing pilates, or dancing around in my underwear for half the morning to Aretha Franklin, and if it takes me until 3:30 in the afternoon to actually get to the library and accomplish anything -- tant pis! Take a breath, it can wait an hour.
In two weeks I'm going to New Zealand. I've promised my mother I'll make her a sweater (my biggest endeavour to this point) out of New Zealand wool. It'll probably take me till next winter, so good thing to get a head start.

I know I keep promising Koala pictures, and I swear it'll happen. I'll do it when I get home and sneak onto the open wireless network that exists somewhere in the vicinity of my apartment. JHR also sent me a very strange picture, which I'm sticking up here for the hell of it. Mostly to get a laugh from those who know, or remember, Johnny the bartender.

James tells me I have to move my furniture out of the apt. It'll be interesting to see how it ends up happening since I'm not coming home until the 14th of August. At the moment I'm throwing myself on Av's mercy, but if that doesn't work (and hell, I wouldn't blame him, it's a pain in the ass), who knows? I wonder if you can hire people for this sort of thing? that of course is the worst-case scenario...

This week in Creative Writing we had to critique THE WORST POEM EVER WRITTEN. I say this without hesitation, because I am positively absolutely irrefutably certain that it is so. I read it to DE, I'm pretty sure he's STILL laughing. I had to bite my lip all through the reading of it in class. KP, you think the ones last year were bad? I guarantee this is at least ten times worse than anything we were subjected to last year.

Wow, so yeah, that's my news. Riveting I know.

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home