Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Film Tutorial 1pm Wed.

Every week I sit here for an hour freezing (but for my trusty scarf, so clever) and in particular poetic disposition, trying to prolong the sense of pleasant peacefulness I get from my creative writing tutorial. Trying, too, to quell my hunger pains, and my boredom -- trying to say as little as possible while still seeming to contribute, trying not to chafe at those who try to say too much to compensate for not contributing. Wednesdays are calm, relaxed, happy 2 o'clock week ending quitting time. So I write, reflect, ignore, and bullshit my way through, look how they eat it up. I have to stop my hostilities towards these classes, they corrupt my organs, make them dry, upset. I will love Wednesday, and these beautiful blank faces unreservedly. I'm so glad it's not snowing. And glad someone talked to me today after class, and glad for 2 cents a minute, and glad that I'm going to watch Catwoman tonight, despite, well, despite... and glad to let go of my attention for just a few moments at a time.

The more I let people in, the more I have to censor, the busier I get, the more I dread checking my emails.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarf? In Australia?

10:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home