Sunday, November 07, 2004

Yes! no more fotki!

Well kids, as you can see, I can finally upload the pictures right here, no waiting, no annoying photo albums! These are my adventures in Odessa -- got some great footage on the steps, ironically, of people carrying baby carriages up and down. Thought it was pretty funny. Our last week in Kyiv was without mishap, despite the dire predictions for the Ukrainian elections, and we got to Munich only a little late because of a fire alarm in Heathrow, 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to leave.
I've spent the whole week outside of the city in the hills, yesterday in the Alps, and evenings at incredible restaurants and wine bars... and have been given entirely too much schnapps. I don't like schnapps "Oh come on Lexie give it a go..." blech. Incredibly however, the excessive drinking has cleared my sore throat right up!
What an amazing place to spend christmas. I have pictures of the mountains from yesterday, which will follow tonight once I get the internet up and running in my apartment. Hurrah! access for 2 whole months, what a luxury, no more cafes!
The whole family's spirits are thriving from the move. It's really been like coming home. I'm determined to live in this city sometime in my life for more than a couple months at a go. Splendid.

Cheers.
A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home