Friday, February 17, 2006

In the immortal words of Robert Frost:

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."

So fitting for the site, but not really to my feelings about being here. It's a relief. Student living does begin to weigh after a while. Home is the place where the bathroom is bright and clean, and is not caulked over to hide the mildew; where moules frites is on the menu for dinner; where there are enough blankets on the bed and HEAT that actually HEATS; where there are 4 computers, none of which will go walkabout; where there is digital cable; and of course, where there is family.

My list of things to do while I'm here keeps growing, but here it is so far:

-Make waffles
-Watch the movie network
-... watch more movie network
-And, you know, if I run out of things to do -- watch the movie network
-Buy a computer (Hurrah!)
-Go to the dentist
-Go to the eye doctor
-Go shopping with my mom
- buy a duvet to keep me warm at school
- buy a shirt which may or may not need duct tape
- buy winter boots which aren't so decrepit they're like a Chinese fingertrap on my left foot
-Find an outfit for the Classic Hollywood-themed Film semi-formal

It's all so exciting! haaaaaaah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home