Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sports Gurus

When DA first suggested we do our group project -- a presentation, and a 20pp paper -- about representation and TV sports networks I replied with a resounding NO. There's NO WAY. As the token female I'm INSISTING on doing something to which I can contribute more than my name.

So we're doing our project on TV representation of sports stars.

When I realized that this was the turn the conversation was inevitably going to take, and that I should just go with it, I thought, oh well. I can write this thing, and they can explain everything to me, and it'll be poststructural in that way, right?
It'll be a learning experience.

I'm well on my way to being the ultimate woman -- I'll be able to make cheesecake and weigh in on sports highlights AT THE SAME TIME.
Thanks guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home