Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Cutest Thing Ever (or at least this week)

(and if anyone DARES suggest that I am broody after reading this, prepare to be snapped at as you have never been snapped at before)
A woman and her daughter (maybe 7/8 yrs old) came into the bakery yesterday. The woman walked up to the counter after surveying the shelves and said jokingly "We'll take one of everything."
Her daughter looked up at me shyly and said, "Not for REAL though."
The mom then tried to get her to say what she wanted, and she leaned away from the counter, threw her head back and said "OOOOH I can't deCIIIIDE." and then promptly ran back and forth from her mom, to the window where I was putting three heart shaped sugar cookies on a tray for them.
After they had payed, the woman said to me "I'm just going to take her into the cake room and show her the cake we're getting." I said sure, and the little girl's eyes got HUGE. She exclaimed:
"You mean the cake for OUR WEDDING?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home