Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Brooding

Do you ever get the feeling that semesters are just that extra week too long?
I'm sitting in my unmade bed with my uncased pillow and my comforter which is slightly damp and my cute houndstooth pajamas. I have spilled tea on my bed for the second time this year. I blame the lack of kitchen table in this house and the constant allure of my oh so comfy bed. I do not want to leave it, but I am annoyed that it is taking so long to dry.
Today I'm showing a film (that I made) in class. It may be the last film I make solo of my whole degree, which is exciting. I will no longer know the inside of the film house after 1 am. Hurrah!
From now on I feel like this year is going to be full of these landmark moments, my last this, my last that. Quite frankly it's awesome. Everyone always tells me I try to make things go by too quickly. Best time of your life, blah blah blah. I choose to embrace the rapid movement of time -- the more you pay attention to how it passes, the slower it seems after all, and in the end that makes me more about the present than anything else.
And speaking of present, what does everyone want for the non-denominational celebration this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home