Saturday, February 21, 2004

Today is my day

I have an essay rewrite, a short film, and several other responsibilities weighing on my mind.
So what am I doing today? I am downloading sex and the city season 6, I am listening to DNTO on CBC to hear Hawksley sing to me, here alone in my little apartment. My roommate is still away, my boyfriend is snowboarding somewhere in Quebec. I shall do laundry, eat the rest of my valentine's chocolate (bought for me by my dad, not my boyfriend, go figure), eat fruit sorbet and pizza, and then maybe later I will paint a picture.
When I'm ready, I will turn finally to my essay, and write what my professor has told me to write; I will live up to my film group responsibilities and write a paragraph about the raiders of the lost ark.
But first, I will finish knitting a mitten for the bf, I will clean the bathtub, then light candles and take a bath. I will watch Sex and the City, and fantasize about Prada. And, damn it, I refuse to feel bad about it. I have worked so hard the last month, this week is my week, to hang out on my parents bed and watch the movie network, and this day is my day. To do whatever the fuck I want. I release myself from any guilt. I am responsible to no one but myself for these projects, and myself is tired and lonely. I will indulge, and be happy.

Release yourself and take a day, trust me.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home