Sunday, January 04, 2004

...

Hidden on my window sill among all the coloured bottles is a clear glass full of green beads and water. In the cup-shaped top of this glass is a hyacinth bulb (I'm told it will be orange when it blooms). I placed it there yesterday and already the roots have reached down, swelling with water, searching out their new life. At the top, the green shoot peeks shyly out of its protective layers, waiting for just the right moment.
I'm sitting, clean and moisturized from the shower, typing. My boyfriend has fallen asleep on the couch. The television is telling him a romance story. The program was probably once in book form.

When I got out of the shower, he was snoring. So I videotaped him. I haven't told him yet though. I haven't decided whether I want this amusement right now or whether I want to save it for later, who knows when I might need it.
Tomorrow I'm starting the second semester of this year. I'm starting with a German course which I'm afraid might be too hard for me. I have two days where I do six hours of work and class straight.
After the craze of the holidays it's calmed down again...
But unlike before Christmas, I recognize this calm for what it is, the calm before a storm. It won't last, so I should get ready while I still can.
I think I'll go buy a German dictionary before my class tomorrow.

Good Luck

silverlined@yahoo.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home