Sunday, May 28, 2006

Song of the Day

The Hymn for All the Things We Didn't Do ~ Hefner

I made an off-hand comment today about how song lyrics are omens, tea leaves, and sometimes cheap psychiatrists, and V thought I was making fun of her. Really I was making fun of myself, but it's nice to know that someone else's day often hangs in the balance of iTunes -- that someone else finds the same hope in Ben Lee, despair in David Gray, and generally over-identifies with musical sentiment.
That is often what the Song of the Day ends up being. A song that comes on iTunes randomly and makes me sit up and listen. Sometimes I'm tempted to post not only the song title, but the lyrics as well, because there are certain lines that just say it so well, and most importantly SAVE ME FROM HAVING TO SAY ANYTHING MYSELF -- which is always key. V is laughing right now. But I don't post them, because that would just be too obvious. And I am anything but obvious...

The ghetto is alive tonight and the moon is almost new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home