Monday, April 03, 2006

You are what you read

I am sometimes paranoid (what, really?). I sometimes think too much.
Sometimes when I go to sign out books at the library, I start to worry (or okay, not worry exactly, but wonder... yes wonder is better) what the librarian will think of me based on the books I'm signing out. I realize that the librarian doesn't give a flying F about what I'm checking out, and probably doesn't even bother to read titles. However, these are the little ways in which I like to torture and tease my brain.
The wonder occurred to me once again, when today I signed out the following books:

Revealing Male Bodies
Body Parts: Critical Explorations in Corporeality
Creating the Modern Man
You Tarzan: Masculinity, Movies and Men
Screening the Male: Exploring Masculinities in Hollywood Cinema
Running Scared: Masculinity and Representation of the Male Body
The Masculine Mystique: The Politics of Masculinity
Eye on the Flesh: Fashions of Masculinity in the Early Twentieth Century
The Sculpture Machine: Physical Culture and Body Politics in the Age of Empire

Judgements anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home