Monday, March 27, 2006

In this house, we have Happy Thursdays

I started a tradition in our house sometime in January of putting a weekly comic up on the fridge. I try to find something relevant, funny, and usually just a little dirty. It's called a Happy Thursday, because by that time in the week, everyone needs a little pick-me-up. Of course, me being me, they don't always go up on THURSDAY per se (the one this week is entitled "Happy this day" so that it works every day, because it didn't make it up there till Saturday), and I sometimes don't bother finding a new webcomic, I just use new funny stuff from one I've already found. But whatever, no one has volunteered to take over for me, although they complain when I'm late, or unoriginal.
Anyway, because of this researching, and because I've always had a bit of a thing for cartoons, and a little because ZLA bought me Pedigree Girls for my birthday, I've started getting into reading a lot of webcomics.

Here are some which I've found amusing and which I think are good places to start:
FAIL!
(this one and this one are on the fridge right now)
Whispered Apologies (a concerted effort)
White Ninja Comics (peculiar, but worth sticking with to get the good stuff)
The Perry Bible Fellowship (pretty f-ing spectacular)

Also, I have a song of the day today:
Ai Du -- Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder

I found Ali a while ago messing around on All Music. Pretty chill West African guitarist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home