Saturday, April 01, 2006

Today Has Been OK

In two weeks, yesterday, I will be done this semester, and thinking about how to spend the two weeks I have off between school and starting work. Considering I've got a lot of work to do, I'm looking forward to this break. But on the other hand, come the 14th of April, everything is going to change. Again. People are going to leave at the end of this month, and some of them I will possibly never see again. Of course, those who I never see again are probably the ones that didn't have a big role in my life to begin with. But people become habits, part of the landscape of your day, and having that change is always a wrench. Believe me. It seems as though since high school ended my whole life rotates completely on a 4 month cycle (on average, sometimes it's 2 months, sometimes 5). While there are always things to look forward to (and my folks say I do this to a fault), there are always things you leave behind... some with regret: "I should have done... should have told her... and him..." -- what I really feel. I've heard a lot of arguments to that effect lately.
This summer is going to be awesome. I have a great job, which I hope will be engaging, and won't require me to ask questions like "Sure you don't want half a dozen?" and "Can I get you anything else?" I'm living next door to one of my best friends, and we've already got big plans for the patios. My bestfriend is moving to Ottawa and will be closer to me for visiting purposes. I'm really looking forward to it. The sun, the lake, the new house, the new job.
And in so many other ways,
I'm dreading it.

Song of the Day: Today Has Been OK -- Emiliana Torrini (you may have heard it on Grey's Anatomy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home