Monday, March 13, 2006

Skylark

I walked home alone in the fog tonight, and turned a corner to come upon a couple who had put their bags down on a lawn and were dancing in slow circles on the sidewalk. The streetlights reflecting through the mist made the street glow, and in this light I could see their faces turned towards eachother. They smiled and laughed, and didn't turn at the sound of my footsteps. Feeling unwillingly voyeuristic I hurried away down the street. I wish now I could have stopped and marvelled, but as usual I'll just share my moment of amazement with the internet.
Have faith, these things still happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I wasn't so "awwww" about that post I would scream at you for walking home by yourself in the foggy dark!

jess

10:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home