Monday, January 23, 2006

Breathe in, and...

Wake up the blog.

Enter the new regime, new single lifestyle (? still wondering what that entails exactly, when do I get the perks?), new wind in my sails.
And what better way to start off on a new breath of air than with a federal election? HURRAY.

Tonight I made the pilgrimage (the only time I ever enter a church) to brave the poll line ups. The constant nightmare of student voting, constantly re-registering your new addresses. This year was particularly depressing because not only does it take FOREVER to finally get through to make your choice, but once you get there, there's really no good choice to make.

During my tenth minute waiting in line, one of the tiny chatty 1st years standing behind me said to another:
"Imagine if there were line ups like this to get into CHURCH!"
The other said enthusiastically, "Yeah! Omigoodness! That would be SOOO great!"

Believe me when I tell you, dear readers, it took all my self-control to stop myself from turning around, grabbing them each by a shoulder and demanding, "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home