Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Like a Kid Again

My Dad's here! hurrah! He's doing the whole jet lag spacey thing (I think I see him nodding off at the computer over there hee hee), which I did when I got here. Now I totally get why the Harvies were so concerned about me (like, is this girl completely, um, sane?).
Anyway, O week is winding down here, and all the 18 year olds are recovering from their drinking binges. I've only been out once... mostly because, it being O week and all, I wasn't too interested in being groped by some inebriated kid THE SAME AGE AS MY BROTHER on the dance floor. And I don't know why, but there's this song here which prompts everyone to link arms in a circle and strip. That's right, you heard me, they take their clothes off.
I didn't know this.
I was pulled into the circle.
Some guy tried to take off my shirt.

And I was all -- excuse me? Don't we need to like, shake hands or something first? Christ. The Germans may have been forward, but I've NEVER had something like that happen before.

So the whole experience left me feeling very sober, and very old. The days when I acted like that weren't THAT long ago... why does it feel like an age?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home