Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Paris, mais non pas au printemps

en plein milieu de janvier -- il pleut -- c'est pas beau.

That's right kids, I've found myself a cozy hole-in-the-wall internet café in which to post to my little connexion-deprived heart's content (for the right price). So here I am, struggling with this freaking keyboard, and trying to remember exactly what I wanted to write...

So, I'm in Paris. I'd rather be in Munich. I have a sinus infection. I spent most of yesterday in bed in the hotel watching Buffy episodes and drinking Paris tap water. Awesome you say? oh yes, awesome.

Today I went to the Musée d'Orsay, and then to Notre Dame, where I spoke German (yes! German!) to make the gypsies leave me alone (back Esmerelda, back!).

Gypsy: speak English?
Me: Nein, enschuldigung.
Gypsy: Little bit?
Me: Nein, Ich spreche kein Englisch.

I know, I'm a cold hard hearted bitch. I also can't spell in German, so I apologize if MR or DE happen to read this.

Then we took a very long subway trip to see the Catacombs which it turns out are in fact closed until May -- thanks for letting us know -- the sign saying this was graffitied with angry messages, I took a picture but can't post it from here. They said things like: 'Dites-le! Merde!' and 'Et le site d'internet mis à jour de temps en temps ça serait bien!'
Poor foiled angry French people.

So, now, here we are.

cheers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gypsies arent real people anyway.

7:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home