Friday, December 31, 2004

Attack by fireworks -- Episode 2:

In which our heroine prepares to evade the maze of civillian-set explosives riddling the streets of Munich.

Yes, well, at least these fireworks aren't shaking the foundations of the buildings... or setting car alarms off... or giving me extreme attacks of panic. Hurrah!

For a bit of an idea what my New Year's might be like check this out. I think it's an okay account, except for the red underwear thing... I asked MR, and although he was thrilled with the idea of red underwear, and came back to the subject many times over the course of the evening, he had never heard of this tradition before. Therefore, my underwear... are orange. I knew you were going to ask that see?

In about 2 hours (11pm) we're heading out to a club with the infamous Mr. R. which I'm desperately trying to dress for -- you have to look good or you won't get in. And having wasted my skankiest shirt on our antics last night, I'm at a bit of a loss.

But let's talk about my extreme case of exhaustion and its cause -- which brings us back to last night. I tried really, really hard to find a good place to take V and J, and at first I thought I wouldn't succeed and that our night, and therefore all our preparations would be a bust. And then we went to the Atomic Cafe.... as it turned out, the night came to a close at 7 in the morning, with me finally giving up on V coming home (she was still out for reasons unknown to this website) and falling asleep with the light on in DE's room -- ostensibly to keep myself half awake should the doorbell ring.
Instead of the doorbell ringing, I was woken 5 times over the next 8 hours by the phone ringing. First V, then DE's friend Mark, then V again, then MR (who was delighted that for once HE had woken ME up), and then Rudi. I was actually juggling 2 phones, feeling like some important social coordinator, when the doorbell finally did ring.

Coffee
I need more coffee.
I also need to phone Rudi to tell him where we're going tonight. I need to wake up V, and I need J and our Canadian neighbour to come with my clothing order from home.

Life is just so bloody hectic, I don't know how I cope.

Have a wonderful New Year's celebration darlings.
Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home