Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I smell like a brazil nut

And it's making me hungry.
An indication that I should probably go to the grocery store, and you know, buy something so I can eat. But I'm much too lazy. Instead I feel the need for a very long and lingering... post session. So prepare yourself. I'm still in bed, have brought computer here, V is working on essays. I have only recently adopted the concept of wearing pants today. Listening to the cd that ZLA made for me at christmas 2 years ago. Waiting for inspiration as to what the hell I should do for New Year's. I'm sure there's some awesome party somewhere... finding it unaided is the thing...
ANYWAY:
V and I got back from Nurnberg last night, where we had many interesting adventures involving public transportation, many, many cafes, sandwiches, some Turkish people, and the proprietors of Lily's Asian Bistro (where even the pork tasted like fish... hmm...). We undertook to find this theatre on the outskirts of the city where they played films in original version (i.e. in English). Everything went swimmingly until we got on the tram -- and the tram decided to turn around and go back the other way two stops before the one we wanted. So we got off where we started and tried again. But this time when the tram came to the stop where the other had turned around the driver told us to all get the hell off (I know this because of my freakish ability to understand German but not to speak it, so note to all: don't talk about me in German while I'm sitting right there, because I'll understand, even if you are saying nice things...). So there we were, stranded in the dark at some random bus stop, in a hardly "nice" part of town, with no idea where the hell we are. Fuuu --. Finally we ask this little girl if the bus coming will take us to the stop we want, and she says yes, it's coming in a few minutes, and then smiles and says "Is my English good?" to which we exclaim with all the enthusiasm of people embarassed to be in a country and not speak enough of the language that her English is infact, AMAZING.
So, loooong story short, we totally made it to the theatre on time to watch Ocean's Twelve (which I must say made the whole ordeal absolutely worth it -- see it kids, see it. Best sequel around at the moment, possibly even better than the first?). Yeah us.

Okay what else?
Still no plans for what the hell we're going to do when we leave Munich, but father is still hell bent on leaving on the 9th. Boo. I'd rather not leave at all. A week and a half left till we have to move on to the next step in our nomadic existence.

Oh, and for all of you who thought I was joking about what I wrote on the OCASP thing -- that's actually what I wrote on the form. I wasn't kidding. I was having a major attack of smart ass. Needless to say it was rejected. heh heh.

Humm humm... yeah now even I'm bored.
Cheers.

p.s. Send me a freaking email. I'm feeling seriously unloved. Also, no one has EVER sent me KG's email address, despite repeated requests. So if anyone knows it, could you pass it along? Thx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home