Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Losing It

In about a week we get to go on vacation, which is good, because my stress level with work is driving me into brief bouts of hysteria. I manage to keep it together while I’m in the office but once out of it, and no longer actively progressing towards my goal of several finished projects in the next week, I get a little squirrelly.
Last night, as TM looked at me with concern I shouted “What? WHAT? I’m in my own home! I get to be eccentric!”
Later on the couch, I accidentally launched a spoonful of ice cream at my neck so fast it was like a tranquilizer dart. The shock of the icy projectile hitting me, then sliding from my neck down the front of my shirt caused me to start choking -- at which point I started laughing so hard my cheeks were wet, cradling the melting ice cream missile in my hand after rescuing it from following it’s path any further.
I thought TM might collapse boneless into the sofa and be lost among the cushions, he was so helpless with mirth.
Once I had recovered myself, and cleaned up the ice cream tracks, I settled back down on the couch and asked: “Do you like me even though I’m a freak?”
To which he replied: “I like you because you’re a freak. You’re my freak.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home