Thursday, July 08, 2004

The unquestioned discipline of unabridged books on tape

So, where have I been? where oh where.. HAVEN'T I been? Just kidding, I don't do anything interesting anymore. The whole of my entertainment value is limited to the poor disenchanted student workers of our backdoor government community. Does that make sense? Only to me. So, my wit is only excercised in daily e-mail rallies and around the picnic table at lunch. You know what they say -- all work and no play makes me a dull girl. The only thing keeping me alive is the library's stash of unabridged books on tape -- a wealth enjoyed probably only by me, and Jean Little -- I listen so avidly to my narrated lifeline that I haven't posted here in... forever? 2 weeks seems like that in my world.
Anyway, today I'd like to make a little shout out to architects, contractors, people who make buildings and the like.
Guys, could you stop making buildings with windows that don't open? To hell with energy efficiency, you have to think of your responsibility to the people who will occupy those buildings. Currently, the occupants of the NE corner of our glorious blue palace, myself included, are being slowly asphyxiated because the air distribution system has had a nervous breakdown. And while the maintenance men are labouring slowly over its shivering, gibbering mass of ducts, we are being deprived of oxygen, crammed inside a transparent blue box that we can't manipulate. I feel... like a hamster.
This is some cruel joke.
And while I've got your attention... could we have a word about women's washrooms? Two words: More stalls. We can't stand up (without a lot of practice), so allow for more space and more stalls in the women's washroom! Trust me, the boys won't miss'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home