Thursday, June 24, 2004

Mango Cheesecake, what?

Okay so, this was a super success at the branch potluck today, I've had many requests for the recipe. I got it off the web somewhere, I don't remember where, and I altered it to suit me. This is a bit of a domestic twist to this site isn't it? Weird, anyway, have fun.

Mango Cheesecake

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
(variation: 1 cup crumbs, 1 cup crushed walnuts)
1/4 cup melted butter

Filling:
3 medium-sized mangoes, chopped
1 250 g package of cream cheese
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup warm water
1 Tblsp gelatine powder

Press the crust into 20 cm spring-form pan. Process mangoes, cheese, and sugar (in food processor, or blender will work as well) until smooth. Add cream and process till combined. Pour water into small bowl and dissolve gelatine into it. Do not allow to set. Stir water and gelatine into filling mixture. Pour filling over crust. Chill for several hours or until set.

Note: I used the amount of gelatine the recipe called for, but it didn't set well enough. Next time I may double it.

Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to prepare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home