Saturday, February 26, 2005

You big fat hairy slackers

J/K

Well, I can tell by the heaps of e-mails and the 1 comment from first time commenter and long time silent, one Sir Kent, that you're all happily slacking away your reading weeks. I tip my hat to you children! And since I know you're all much to busy drinking to read something labouriously well thought out and incandescently entertaining, I will stick to clever and funny, and tell you two interesting anecdotes.
The first is about Australia:

So you know how the US has COPS? Well Australia doesn't. But what they DO have is a reality television show called "Border Security: Australia's Front Line."

No, seriously, they really do. It has previews with bald men sweating under immigration officers' stares "This man has 3 bottles of shampoo in his luggage, and very little hair WHAT IS HE HIDING??!!" Which might bring home to you slightly the extent to which these people are obsessed with their immigration (or lack thereof). The news is FULL of stories of 104 year old grandmothers about to be deported, and Australian citizens being wrongfully detained for 10 months in Immi-prison. This leaves me with one question: How the F did I get into this country without anyone bothering to even check my visa? Wow.

Okay and now my second: Developmental Psych and Alexis - HA HA HA
This comes from reading those Psych chapters late at night, but boy am I glad I did, because otherwise I might have missed my textbook's sense of humour. That's right you heard me -
Cover page of chapter 5: "Physical Development in Infancy."

"A baby is the most complicated object made by unskilled labour." ~ Anonymous

Ah ha ha ha... the more I think about it, the funnier it gets. It just has so many layers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home