Thursday, November 25, 2004

I had a moment

-- one of those moments where you're just like, ah, yes, this is good.

I spent the day at the Bavarian International School with D today, we worked out in the gym before we left, which left me feeling like oxygen was reaching my limbs for the first time in months.

We drove home along the motorway, into the sunset which was gold and pink, and purple through the clouds. There was mist in the forest below the road, and in the light it was mauve. An orchestral version of Green Sleeves was playing on the radio, and the road's so flat and new there isn't a single jostle. It was perfect, and I had one of those moments of total relaxation that are so rare for me. There's usually some part of me that's ready to jump at the slightest stimulus, but right then, I could have melted into the seat cushions.

I managed to keep the remnants of this feeling through the rush hour in the grocery store at Karstadt, through the metro ride home, and as I walked to my building I sang:

Greensleeves. And Bob Dylan.
Today everything meshes. I hope you're all feeling the same.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home