Sunday, November 21, 2004

Generic update blog entry

Ha, what a boring title. N/M.

Yesterday spent the whole day around Marienplatz, shopping our way from food stop to food stop, and drinking all the time, starting at 11:30 with sausages and weissbier -- a Bavarian breakfast. Miraculously was not completely wasted 12 hours later, but still needed remedial hydration from all the alcohol. Lovely time though -- the most I've eaten in one day, probably since I left Canada.

I've also procured, with D's help, a card for the Film Passage, which has an incredible collection of English & subtitled English films. Here I've spent so much time reading classics, and now I can swap to watching them, as that after all is at the moment much more useful to me in the immediate future. My heart goes out to V who has just had to watch Daughters of the Dust for the THIRD time in less than a year, not to mention actually having to WRITE something about it -- when you come my darling we shall gorge ourselves on the greats! Hurrah! Just one of the many things I hope will make up for the absolute circus you've had to deal with to get here...

J and I have been faithfully restoring our night life, all be it with a membership of 2 (possibly we'll extend this, if DE's friend MR will be good enough to have us?) We've been smoking (-not inhaling-) cigarillos and drinking too much beer. My newly acquired talent this year will be smoke rings (among other things). I shall come home from Abroad being able to blow smoke rings. I'll add it to my other party tricks, such as the one where I tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. Sooo accomplished!

Has been snowing/raining for days now, but the sun came out briefly Saturday afternoon, and is now shining brilliantly. The Kristkindmarkts are getting set up for next weekend, which reminds me I need to get my ass in gear with the post. I shall conquer my post office fear and pay exorbitant fees to send out my cards on time.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home