Monday, October 13, 2003

Home Fires, and Fries on the side

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Here's hoping you had lots to be thankful for this weekend. I'm glad and relieved to say that I did, and do. There always seems to be so much pressure on one to be happy on holidays such as these, not to mention the big X-holiday, and it makes it ten times more miserable if you aren't. I wish I could wipe last Christmas and New Year's from my memory. However, though it has much to make up for and redeem, this coming holiday season (yes it's coming!) has promise.
Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was coming home. Think about it like a hamburger and fries combo. You eat the hamburger first (usually), and are left eating as many fries as you can until you're full. I could hang out with my family and my close friends (the fires, the ones that keep burning) for however long I've got. The other people, the painful memories, the ones you never wanted to see again after high school (the fries): they're the ones you can take to a point, but are eventually replete of dealing with, which prompts you finally to leave, and not be sorry about it.
I've had fun this weekend, but I've also had a lot of fries, especially last night (not that I didn't have fun then too). So now it's time to go back to my boy and forget about the fastfood analogies for a while.

See you in K-town.

Cheers
silverlined83@yahoo.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home