Monday, September 29, 2003

The War of the Fruit Flies

I hate fruit flies. I would like them all to die. They have invaded my kitchen, I suspect through the drain, or possibly the bananas, and I want to get rid of them. So, I have created a plan of action, here it is, in case anyone else out there is being plagued and wants to see if what I do actually pans out:
1st line of defense: wash all dishes directly after use.
2nd line: Spend five minute sessions, 3-5 times a day, chasing them madly around the kitchen and killing them. (They're fast little buggers, I've tried many techniques, and have discovered that the two-handed clap is the most effective assassination method).
3rd line: Wash all towels, dishcloths, etc. They lay eggs in there. (alternatively, if you're too la-- ahem, I mean if it's not wash day, put everything in plastic bags.)
4th line: Don't keep fruit or vegetables out in the open! (not a problem for me b/c we have no food at the moment...)
5th line: The Fly Trap (my ultimate and secret weapon, the tiny sons of bitches won't know what hit'em). Basically, take a jar, put a little salsa in the bottom (or banana, I knew there was a reason I hated that fruit!), and then roll up a sheet of paper into a cone and stick it in the top of the jar, so it looks like an ice cream cone... except paper and sticking out of a salsa jar. Tape it in place (so no one escapes!). Apparently, once they're down the tube to get the salsa, they can't get out... too stupid I guess.
Once you've got your flies encarcerated, you can do 1 of 3 things: a) put them in the fridge to knock them out, then dissect them one by one b) release them outside (pshaaw!) c) fill the jar with water and drown the bastards.
Depending on your feeling of animosity towards them, you may want to try a, or c. If you're going to try b... don't even talk to me.
So that's the plan, I'll let y'all know if it works.

Cheers.
silverlined83@yahoo.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home