Thursday, July 31, 2003

A Summer Waiting

I feel sometimes that I spend most of my life waiting for something. Waiting for a beginning, waiting for an end. Waiting for something to finally happen. Waiting, waiting. Waiting... Waiting for the summer to end, and for school to begin again. Waiting to feel healthy, for my cold to be gone. Waiting till when I can see N again. 21 days of work left, 30 days till I go back to school, the last two I've wasted being sick. Waiting for this latest infection to leave my body, hoping and hoping it will leave quietly without a fight, waiting for the fever to go down. Waiting to remember what healthy really is. Waiting to hear about the short story contest. Waiting for inspiration to hit me. I feel like I'm watching a million Seinfeld episodes... waiting for a plot. When am I going to stop waiting, wake up, and make my own storyline? Time for a shower and some phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home