Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Lunch and Laundry

Well well well. Just back from the best weekend of the summer with my boy! Weekends, to begin with, HAVE to be a BIT good when they start on Friday and end on Tuesday... but wait there's more: We ate a lot of lunch, took care of 4 weeks worth of laundry, and even did a little grocery shopping. Siiiigh.
Now topping it all off with a Buffy re-run. Willow: "But do they really stick out? Sore thumbs? I mean, have you ever seen a thumb and thought, 'Wow, that baby is SORE.'?" Xander: "You have too many thoughts."
So, anyway, this squirrel. A crazy mo-fo squirrel who says "boo" back at you. The thing is freaking tame. Not only does it attack the peanut butter knife in the dish bin while N is standing right in front of it (his fault really, he started feeding it, tsk tsk), but when I try to shoo it away, it stands up on the frying pan, puts its little paws on its little hips and makes this angry squirrel noise: "eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh" All high-pitched and squeaky. And I, slightly taken aback, say, "Excuse me?" So, to my great surprise, the squirrel sighs, shakes his head and comes out with, "Girl, don't you dare go chasin' my skinny-rodent ass away from your peanut-butter knife. Damn. You ain't lickin' that shit off yo'knife. Leave it for the little people, where yo'respect woman?"
"My respect? You're three inches tall. I'll sit on you."
"Well, shit. I'm fixin' to raise up and get my lame-ass-human-bitch beats on. You done pissed me off. You come over here and see what this three-inches has got for your dumb-butt. I got rabies, and I KNOOW how to use it."
At which, point, the author shame-facedly admits that she turned... tail, and ran. After surrendering the peanut butter knife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home