Thursday, October 05, 2006

Words of Wisdom

Thanksgiving seems to bring something out in people. Mostly the constant wishing of "Happy Thanksgiving." Walking back from class today, I've heard people calling it out to eachother across streets, from front doors.
It's always been sort of an abstract concept to me, but it certainly isn't lost on my professors.
Each of my profs has had something inspiring to say this week, and I've jotted the best pieces down to share with you (should anyone actually still be reading this *blush*).

1. My psych prof, a charming Irish man with a very pleasing voice, in one of his many personal anecdotes about how someone told him to do something stupid (and he did it) said:
"I learned something very valuable that day: Don't believe someone who's bullshitting you."
He of course closed up the lecture with "Happy Thanksgvingng" but that was the really funny part.

2. My English prof, an interesting mustachioed little woman who wears sports coats and sneakers and entertains us in each class with stories of her dog, her knitting and her grandchildren, came into class yesterday, took one look at us all and said:
"It's been a hard week hasn't it, it has been really hard. You've just got to keep going. Trudge through! Trudge through! Get those affirmations on your fridge!"

This weekend can't come too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home