Friday, December 17, 2004

Christ the Load

Or is that Lode? I don't know, have to ask the korean singer I just listened to thoroughly kill some Christmas Carols.

So have I ever told you how much I absolutely hate Christmas music?
Well I do. Something to do with my mother owning absolutely EVERY CHRISTMAS ALBUM EVER MADE except the Hendrix one, which I failed to buy her last year, and plays them OVER AND OVER from December first until January. Agh.
Another thing I hate -- a hatred which has been driven into me since the age of 5 -- amateur concerts. If I had a cent for every concert I'd been to, performed in, helped with, etc. I would seriously be a Gajillionaire. No joke. Guelph -- home of the Kiwanis Music Festival, and the Suzuki School, among other musical evils. When I was 15 I finally put my foot down and said "no more." These things are seriously the root of most of my personal anxieties.

So this week, when we got the flyer for the House Christmas concert here at IBZ, I laughed heartily. But when my mother came into my room tonight, handed me a cookie (as if that would help, it's like insult to injury, here I'll make you fat as well) and told me I had to go to this concert... I raged... and then I cried... and then I may have pleaded...

Anyway, I've just returned from my own personal hell, (let's not cast any aspersions on the performers, this is my thing, they were fine) -- the only redeeming part of which was that the soprano was Korean and couldn't say R.

Joy to the woald, the Load has come.

I couldn't agree with you more lady.
Am going out to drink. And be very un-loadly. haha. oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home