Monday, June 06, 2005

Chiffy baby, you're the only one for me

Granted my relationship with Mr. Chifley is a bit unorthodox. I mean, we're still working on the pope and homosexuality (Jean Paul was just starting to bend -- and I do mean that figuratively of course – when he up and died… I for one was sure he had at least another ten years in him, and now this new guy? What’s up with the former Nazi youth?), how is society going to deal with a human/library match?
I admit this semester we’ve gotten a bit intense. I feel a bit squirrelly if I don’t see him every day, and spend a little time in the Infoplace with the internet connection.
Right now I’m sitting in the far corner on the last available PC (didn’t feel like dealing with Safari) and soaking in the Chifleyness. The Indian woman beside me is talking to herself. Before I thought it was because she had earphones on and was operating on the assumption that if she couldn’t hear herself then no one else could either, but now the earphones are gone and she’s got a genuine two-sided conversation going on. I have a creepy suspicion she’s making fun of me in some way. The girl behind me is mouth breathing in her concentration, which is also a little freaky, but hey, it’s that time of year, when everyone realizes they must have slept through the actual course part of their courses, and suddenly have an entire semester’s learning to do in the four days before exams start. I’m feeling inclined to do a little mouth breathing myself. It’s all in the Chifley spirit.
However, the outward displays of anxiety will have to wait. I’ve promised myself that tonight I will finish an assignment at least before 9 pm (for that is my witching hour, haha), and the internal anxiety is taking up all my energy.
So... later baby. I'll be back tomorrow to play in the stacks -- I know how you like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home